Daniel Ricciardo Car Collection
Image Source Formula 1 Points
Daniel Ricciardo Car Collection
Daniel Ricciardo the Aussie driver is revered by many F1 fans for his happy-go-lucky attitude and smiles on & off the race track.
Image Source WikipediA
“My first car, a Toyota Hilux, was a gift from my parents. I think they realised that a pick-up is kind of slow.”
He practiced in the Toyota before getting his driver’s license in his father’s Mini Cooper S.
Porsche 911 GT3 RS
Image Source Mad 4 Wheels
Ricciardo has a property in Monaco where his Porsche 911 GT3 RS lives. This beast of a car is equipped with a phenomenal 513bhp turbo engine that is probably wasted on the tight streets of Monte Carlo.
Aston Martin Vantage
Image Source CARBUZZ
In 2017 that Ricciardo confirmed, as an Aston Martin Red Bull Racing driver, that he already owned a 2016 Aston Martin Vantage – the V12 version that is. “It’s a cool car”, he said.
Ford F-150 Raptor
Image Source FORD MEDIA CENTER
In 2018 the Australian was feeling nostalgic and bought a Ford F-150 Raptor pick-up truck that reminded him of the Toyota Hilux from his early years. If you think the Ford Raptor is awesome, then check out the new Ford Bronco DR Is Not Road Legal, But It Doesnt Have To Be
Image Source DMARGE
Not just any Megane for the Aussie driver who secured Renault’s first podium finish since 2011, but the fastest in the series by far. “When I drive to and from Renault F1 in Oxfordshire, I can choose from a pool of cars. When I’m chilling with my music, I take the Renault Kadjar, an SUV. If I want to have some fun, then I grab the Megane RS,” Ricciardo said.
Porsche 918 Spyder
Image Source 9GAG
The Porsche 918 Spyder was the first car Ricciardo was really proud of, and it’s easy to see why. With 875 horsepower, the Spyder can get from 0 to 100km/h in just 2.6 seconds. Ricciardo likes it, but then again, said:
“Everything feels a bit slow after an F1 car.”
Here is a brief summary of Ricciardo’s F1 career history:
- 2011: Ricciardo made his F1 debut at the British Grand Prix with the HRT team. He also raced for the team in the second half of the season, before moving to Toro Rosso for the 2012 season.
- 2012-2013: Ricciardo spent two seasons with the Toro Rosso team, scoring a best finish of 7th place in the 2013 Chinese Grand Prix.
- 2014-2018: Ricciardo moved to the Red Bull Racing team in 2014, where he achieved his greatest success in F1. He won his first race at the 2014 Canadian Grand Prix, and went on to win a total of 7 races and score 29 podium finishes with the team. His best season with Red Bull was 2016, when he finished 3rd in the championship behind the dominant Mercedes drivers.
- 2019: Ricciardo moved to the Renault team for the 2019 season, where he struggled to match his previous success due to the team’s lack of competitiveness. He scored only 54 points and finished 9th in the championship.
- 2020: Ricciardo stayed with Renault (which was rebranded as the Alpine F1 team for 2021), and showed improved form compared to the previous season. He scored two podium finishes and finished 5th in the championship with 119 points.
- 2021: Ricciardo moved to the McLaren team for the 2021 season, where he is currently racing. He scored his first podium finish for McLaren at the 2021 Italian Grand Prix, finishing in second place.
Overall, Ricciardo is widely regarded as one of the most talented and exciting drivers in F1, known for his aggressive driving style and his signature “shoey” celebration, where he drinks champagne out of his racing boot. He has also been recognized for his engaging personality and his popularity with fans.